We designed and built the prototype S550 camber plate in a record 48 hours - from start to finish - and that enabled us to offer this design just a few months after this car hit the market. With this design you can easily adjust camber track side
and have the caster set at one of two settings( Stock or +1°). Camber adjustment is about 2.5° of added negative camber over stock. Our over-sized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All of our components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Read more about the engineering behind our camber plates here
Our design includes the CNC machined upper spring perch shown above, which matches the factory front spring diameter as well as all lowering springs offered for the S550 Mustang. And while this design is unique to the EM sized spring, it can easily be upgraded to coilover spring use if you ever upgrade your dampers and springs to 2.25", 60mm, or 2.5" ID coilover springs. Call us for the upgraded spring perches if or when you ever upgrade.
Vorshlag tester Aaron S testing our S550 OEM style camber plates at an Optima USCA Event
This design can add up to 2.5° of additional negative camber, which keeps the outside front tires flatter when cornering, reducing tire wear and increasing cornering grip. Adding negative camber is one of the FIRST modifications racers do to their cars, and the S550 chassis needs it just like so many others. The car above is running an 18x11" wheel and 315/30/18 BFGoodrich Rival-S tire, and needs the added camber just to fit that tire under the stock fenders. Using MCS TT2 coilovers and much former springs, and our camber plates, this car was always a fast competitor on the Optima/USCA circuit. Negative camber helps with both autocross and road course events.
- Compatible with 2.25", 60mm, and 2.5" ID coilover springs for S550 Mustangs using coilover struts
- Works on the 2015-up Mustang Ecoboost, V6, GT and Shelby GT350 and GT350R with coilovers
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Caster & Camber are independently adjustable.
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track with simple (metric) hand tools.
- Caster is adjustable with two fixed positions: factory (middle) and +1 degree (rear)
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any S550 Mustang camber plate on the market. The result has much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
- Aluminum alloy main plate and steel alloy bearing holder construction - Tough as a tank!
- All components plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
Vorshlag upper spring perches are included and built to fit the strut style you select (see "Spring Perch" drop down option menu, below).
Spring Perches: This catalog entry is for the S550 version to be used with coilover front struts and one of three spring sizes: 2.25", 60mm or 2.5" inner diameter coilover springs. We have another camber plate entry in this S550 Suspension section for the OEM and lowering spring options.
Strut Style: Anytime a new chassis hits the track, the aftermarket has to play catch up. With new suspensions being released from MCS, JRZ, RideTech and more we need your help to ensure that new camber plates are being configured correctly. For us that means we need to know the dimensions of the struts your using to build up a database, as we've done in the past with all the other camber plates we offer. Please look at the photo below, this is an example of exatly what dimensions we are looking for. If you are still not sure please contact us!
Please pick your strut brand and sizes from the drop down below. This helps us build the spring perches to fit your struts with a tight tolerance and no slop - for quiet, reliable use. If you do not know what struts you have, please have a reputable shop inspect them, as most mechanics can spot the differences with a quick look.