More positive camber adjustment range (still with tons of negative, too) for lowered street driven Z4M cars ONLY. These camber plates are for Z4M and E46 M3 chassis cars only, as they allow for the proper camber range to work with the different spindle of these cars. All Z4 Non-M and E46 non-M owners should buy the E46 non-M specific plates. Featuring CNC construction for the bearing holder and main plate, including engraved: hash marks for adjustment, side and front markings, and the snazzy Vorshlag "VM" logo. Perfect for street or track use on the BMW Z4M chassis.
Easily adjust camber trackside with Vorshlag camber/caster plates. Oversized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
In order to properly use Vorshlag camber plates, you must choose spring perches that match your strut brand and spring type. Vorshlag camber/caster plates are designed to be compatible with 2.5”, 2.25" and 60mm “coilover” style springs, OEM style springs, and all strut types.
- Compatible with 2.5", 2.25" and 60mm coilover springs and all struts.
- Works ONLY with Z4M cars
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Plates are designed specifically for BMW Z4M chassis.
- Caster & Camber are independently adjustable.
- Approximate front camber range is 0 to -3.5, depending on ride height and spring diameter
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track from the engine compartment with simple (metric) hand tools. No need to reach inside the wheel well with a wrench!
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any BMW camber plate. The result is a spherical bearing with considerably better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors plates.
- Designed for maximum suspension bump travel / minimum stack-up height. More than an inch more strut travel than some of our competitors!
- Coilover perches can use the Vorshlag Race bearings for 5mm less stack-up, for even more suspension travel
- Alloy steel bearing holder - Tough as a German Tank!
- Aluminum alloy main plate for lighter weight, engraved and fully anodized
- All components plated or anodized for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Vorshlag Upper spring perches required. Coilover perches included in the basic price, but OEM style perches are extra (see "Spring Perch" drop down option menu, below).
Spring Perches: Please pick the spring perch diameter that works with the springs you have. Coilover springs typically come in one of three diameters: 2.5", 2.25", and 60mm. Ground Control coilovers are supplied with 2.5" dia and TCKline supplied coilovers are 60mm dia springs. KWs coilovers tend to be 60mm but some of these and some Bilstein PSS series coilovers use the OEM upper perch (a tapered spring - see pics below). Z4 M's using stock style springs need to select the E46 M3 OEM Perch.
Strut Style: Please pick your strut brand and sizes from the drop down below. This helps us build the spring perches to fit your struts with a tight tolerance and no slop - for quiet, reliable use. If you do not know what struts you have please have a reputable BMW shop inspect them, as most mechanics can spot the differences with a quick look. There are also new struts and updates to existing models that come out from time to time. If your strut is not listed, please pick the "Other" option and let us know what brand and model struts you have in the order notes. Note: Koni makes struts for some BMWs with both tapered and square shaft shoulder transitions, so if you have Koni struts please inspect your struts before ordering (or let us know when and where they were purchased, which helps us determine what style to build for). Also see our BMW Spring & Strut Tech Guide for more information.
NOTE: For Z4M owners who will be running their OEM struts with these camber plates, we must know the diameter of the OEM top nut on your car. BMW uses two different struts (with different shaft profiles) on the Z4M and the build date for the change-over varies wildly. If you don't check, be prepared to do the installation twice. If you have an M14 strut top nut (22mm wrench across the flats), select the "OEM Z4M Struts (22/16T/14)" Strut Style, and if you have an M16 strut top nut (24mm wrench across the flats), select the "OEM Z4M Struts (22/16SQ/16)" Strut Style.
Vorshlag branded products are built to order and most are tailored to match your specific application. We CNC machine parts in house, use outside vendors for platings/coatings and laser cut parts, and the bearings and hardware comes from various sources. Due to the myriad variety of components required for different applications, it is possible that delays can occur in the fulfillment of your order. Please contact us before placing your order if you have a time constraint.