This catalog entry is for Vorshlag camber/caster plates designed to fit the BMW E90 M3 Sedan, E92 M3 Coupe, E93 M3 Convertible, and E82 1M Coupe. This camber plate can only be used with OEM diameter springs (OEM springs, lowering springs, some coilovers) and can be used with virtually any strut type.
If you are looking for E9x M3/E82 1M camber/caster plates designed to work with coilover springs (linear springs in 60mm, 2.5" and 2.25" ID), please use this product page.
These Vorshlag camber/caster plates are designed to be compatible with OEM diameter springs and all strut types. We make numerous variations of this plate to fit the exact strut being used in your application. The Vorshlag upper spring perches allow us to add a sealed radial bearing that isolates the spherical bearing in the camber plate from radial turning loads of the strut shaft during steering inputs. This is part of why our plates last the lifetime of the car!
- Compatible with OEM Inner Diameter springs only and all struts.
- No need to change camber plates when switching between different brands' coilovers - our modular spring perches allow you to switch coilovers easily and cheaply.
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Plates are designed specifically for the E9x M3 and E82 1M chassis.
- Caster & Camber are independently adjustable.
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track from the engine compartment with simple (metric) hand tools. No need to reach inside the wheel well with a wrench to tighten.
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any BMW camber plate on the market. The result is much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
- Designed specifically to match the factory strut height, these do not alter ride height!
- Alloy steel bearing holder - Tough as a German Tank!
- Aluminum alloy main plate for lighter weight, engraved and fully anodized
- All components plated or anodized for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- On our development BMW 1M Coupe with OEM Springs and Struts, these camber plates achieved a minimum of -1.3 camber and a maximum of -2.8 camber. However, maximum negative camber setting depends on caster setting, ride height, and is ultimately limited by the strut tower opening on these chassis. Your ride heights and other settings will affect your negative camber.
The KW V3 kit (shown above right) for the E9x M3/E82 1M uses an OEM diameter spring and requires these spring perches.
Click the thumbnails to enlarge. All pictures 2012 Vorshlag.
Strut Style: Please pick your strut brand and sizes from the drop down below. This helps us build the spring perches to fit your struts with a tight tolerance and no slop - for quiet, reliable use. If you do not know what struts you have, please have a reputable BMW shop inspect them, as most mechanics can spot the differences with a quick look. There are also new struts and updates to existing models that come out from time to time. If your strut is not listed, please contact us so we can get the correct measurements from you to ensure proper fitment and usage.