The Mishimoto performance aluminum radiator for the 1988-91 BMW E30 and 1992-1999 BMW E36 cars with 6 cylinder engines is a big improvement over the OEM radiators and a great track upgrade.
An ideal upgrade for the brittle stock radiator, the Mishimoto E30/E36 X-Line Performance Aluminum Radiator provides your vehicle with enhanced reliability and improved cooling efficiency. BMWs are known to have frequent cooling-related failures due to the use of numerous plastic components throughout the cooling system. A simple coolant leak can result in overheating, accelerated engine wear, or head gasket failure.
Whether you have a daily-driven E36 M3 or an M20 spinning a large turbocharger, this radiator provides ideal temperatures on and off the track. Most people overlook the importance of installing an upgraded radiator in their vehicle. This X-Line Performance Aluminum Radiator reduces coolant temperature by 30 degrees Fahrenheit (16.62 degrees Celsius) and is 20% more efficient than the stock radiator. Along with providing an increased coolant capacity of 91%, this radiator improves heat dissipation, which is beneficial for both stock and modified applications.
If your BMW is a daily driver, autocrosser, or track car, you can never have "too much cooling". The stock BMW radiators are multi-piece plastic/aluminum units with tiny little cores but the Mishimoto is just bigger and better in every way.
Vorshlag has installed Mishimoto aluminum radiators on countless cars - Miatas, BMWs, Mustangs, and Subarus - including our shop built, NASA TTU classed BMW E36 V8, shown above. With a 490 whp 7.0L V8 we added some extra heat to a normal E36, and this Mishimoto radiator was the best cooling upgrade we performed. The price is impossible to beat, the craftsmanship is excellent, and with a lifetime warranty? A Mishimoto radiator is the first thing we add on any tracked E36 or V8 powered BMW.
- Direct fit for the 1988-91 BMW E30 and 1992-99 BMW E36 with 6 Cylinder engines
- 20% more efficient than stock radiator
- Also works with V8 power - we've used these on lots of E36 LS swaps!
- Full aluminum construction with durable, TIG-welded end tanks
- Reduces coolant temperatures by 30+°F (16.6+°C)
- 91% increase in coolant capacity
- 73% increase in core thickness
- 100% brazed aluminum core, TIG-welded to perfection
- Overall Size: 26.8” x 18.7” x 4.1” / Core Size: 21.77” x 17.24” / Rows: 2
- Inlet & Outlet: 1.57” / Core Thickness: 2.25” / Tank Wall Thickness: 0.08”
- Includes threaded port for the stock temperature sensor
- Perfect for use with modified, forced induction, or V8 swapped vehicles
- Includes Magnetic Drain Plug to capture any metallic debris/fragments in your cooling system
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
NOTE- This item is for manual transmission vehicles.
We have lost count of how many E36 BMW V8s we have built, but every one of them used a Mishimoto radiator. From 350 whp to 540 whp, these have never disappointed us. They bolt in and handle the heat, no problem.
This is a 1995 BMW M3 was built for track use and the Mishimoto radiator was one of the first upgrades we made to the car for better track cooling. We also added a Mishimoto fan to this unit and at 425 whp it ran like a top with this setup. Mishimoto all we use on V8 swaps...