The Mishimoto performance aluminum radiator for the 1988-91 BMW E30 and 1992-1999 BMW E36 cars with 6 cylinder engines is a big improvement over the OEM radiators and a great track upgrade. Designed and specifically engineered to maximize cooling efficiency by up to 30%, boost engine functions, and protect your car from overheating. This Mishimoto unit has a BIGGER core and holds more fluid than the small OEM unit. The Mishimoto unit has fabricated and welded aluminum end tanks and a much thicker aluminum core, unlike the OEM unit which has plastic end tanks glued to a skinny little core.
If your BMW is a daily driver, autocrosser, or track car, you can never have "too much cooling". The stock BMW radiators are multi-piece plastic/aluminum units with tiny little cores but the Mishimoto is just bigger and better in every way. It is also a bolt-in solution for these cars, no drama needed.
Vorshlag has installed Mishimoto aluminum radiators on countless cars - Miatas, BMWs, Mustangs, and Subarus - including our shop built, NASA TTU classed BMW E36 V8, shown above. With a 490 whp 7.0L V8 we added some extra heat to a normal E36, and this Mishimoto radiator was the best cooling upgrade we performed. The price is impossible to beat, the craftsmanship is excellent, and with a lifetime warranty? A Mishimoto radiator is the first thing we add on any tracked E36 or V8 powered BMW.Direct fit for the 1988-91 BMW E30 and 1992-99 BMW E36 with 6 Cylinder engines
- Also works with V8 power - we've used these on lots of E36 LS swaps!
- Full aluminum construction with durable, TIG-welded end tanks
- Features a two-row, 1.57" thick brazed aluminum core, providing ideal fluid temperatures on the street or track
- 18.3" high x 26.3" long
- Functions with factory mechanical fan and stock shrouding
- Includes threaded port for the stock temperature sensor
- Perfect for use with stock, modified, forced induction, or V8 swapped vehicles
- Includes Magnetic Drain Plug to capture any metallic debris/fragments in your cooling system
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
NOTE- This item is for manual transmission vehicles.
We have lost count of how many E36 BMW V8s we have built, but every one of them used a Mishimoto radiator. From 350 whp to 540 whp, these have never disappointed us. They bolt in and handle the heat, no problem.
This is a 1995 BMW M3 was built for track use and the Mishimoto radiator was one of the first upgrades we made to the car for better track cooling. We also added a Mishimoto fan to this unit and at 425 whp it ran like a top with this setup. Mishimoto all we use on V8 swaps...