The Mishimoto performance aluminum radiator for the 1988-91 BMW E30 and 1992-1999 BMW E36 cars with 6 cylinder engines is a big improvement over the OEM radiators and a great track upgrade. Designed and specifically engineered to maximize cooling efficiency by up to 30%, boost engine functions, and protect your car from overheating. This Mishimoto unit has a BIGGER core and holds more fluid than the small OEM unit. The Mishimoto unit has fabricated and welded aluminum end tanks and a much thicker aluminum core, unlike the OEM unit which has plastic end tanks glued to a skinny little core.
If your BMW is a daily driver, autocrosser, or track car, you can never have "too much cooling". The stock BMW radiators are multi-piece plastic/aluminum units with tiny little cores but the Mishimoto is just bigger and better in every way. It is also a bolt-in solution for these cars, no drama needed.
Vorshlag has installed Mishimoto aluminum radiators on countless cars - Miatas, BMWs, Mustangs, and Subarus - including our shop built, NASA TTU classed BMW E36 V8, shown above. With a 490 whp 7.0L V8 we added some extra heat to a normal E36, and this Mishimoto radiator was the best cooling upgrade we performed. The price is impossible to beat, the craftsmanship is excellent, and with a lifetime warranty? A Mishimoto radiator is the first thing we add on any tracked E36 or V8 powered BMW. We managed to set the fastest time of the entire NASA race weekend that day in this V8 BMW, and thankfully cooling was never an issue. - Terry Fair @ Vorshlag
We have lost count of how many E36 BMW V8s we have built, but every one of them used a Mishimoto radiator. From 350 whp to 540 whp, these have never disappointed us. They bolt in and handle the heat, no problem.
- Direct fit for the 1988-91 BMW E30 and 1992-99 BMW E36 with 6 Cylinder engines
- Also works with V8 power - we've used these on lots of E36 LS swaps!
- Full aluminum construction with durable, TIG-welded end tanks
- Features a two-row, 1.57" thick brazed aluminum core, providing ideal fluid temperatures on the street or track
- Functions with factory mechanical fan and stock shrouding
- Includes threaded port for the stock temperature sensor
- Perfect for use with stock, modified, forced induction, or V8 swapped vehicles
- Includes Magnetic Drain Plug to capture any metallic debris/fragments in your cooling system
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
NOTE- This item is for manual transmission vehicles.
This is a 1995 BMW M3 was built for track use and the Mishimoto radiator was one of the first upgrades we made to the car for better track cooling. We also added a Mishimoto fan to this unit and at 425 whp it ran like a top with this setup. Mishimoto all we use on V8 swaps...