All MCS damper kits are built to order so expect an estimated 2-6 week build time after you order. If you chose to order online, you will be billed immediately. If you would like to call in the order (we prefer that) we process a deposit for the shocks up front, with the rest billed when they are complete.
Vorshlag Motorsports is an authorized Motion Control Suspension dealer. The MCS RR2 external double adjustable damper is the perfect solution for Time Trial competitors, Club Racers, and Autocrossers. This damper set features a full 18 settings of rebound control and a another 18 settings of low speed compression control, both over a wide range and valved unique to each vehicle model's specific requirements. Dampers are more than just a number of adjustments and click count though – the shape of the resulting curves is specifically engineered to give your car the most grip through the range of surface conditions and dynamic inputs your vehicle experiences in a competition environment.
All the MCS dampers are built in the USA. They are fully rebuildable, serviceable and can be custom valved and upgraded any time here in the USA.
- Adjustment range of 18 different settings for rebound control
- Adjustment range of 18 different settings for compression control
- Monotube design front and rear, with remote reservoirs
- Nitrogen pressure is adjustable if required
- Includes standard spring hardware (springs and camber plates are not included)
- 2 Front MCS External Double Adjustable (18 adj, Rebound, 18 adj. Compression) Monotube Struts with Remove Reservoirs
- 2 Rear MCS External Double Adjustable (18 adj, Rebound, 18 adj. Compression) Monotube Shocks with Remote Reservoirs
- MCS Front Spring Perches for 60mm springs and your OEM upper strut mounts (removed when bought with camber plates)
- MCS Rear Spring Perches for 2.25" springs in coilover configuration
Unique to Vorshlag:
- We include a 1.5mm Allen wrench tool, which is used to tighten the rebound knobs onto the adjustment shaft.
- Also included free of charge is a pair of Vorshlag 68-75mm Spanner Wrenches for MCS front coilover strut spring perches. These are needed to loosen/tighten the 2-piece perches on each strut.
- MCS kits ordered from Vorshlag are shipped to our facility first. This way we can test fit any optional parts (springs, camber plates, etc) to the as-built struts and shocks, and give everything a final Quality Check, and fully assemble the kit. This way you take them out of the box and put them right on your car. Almost all other MCS dealers drop-ship these kits direct from MCS to the customer.
Pictures are representative of actual product.
Choose the appropriate options and model alterations from the drop down menus below. These options will affect the final price as shown for each option. All optional packages and parts include significant discounts when purchased with shocks rather than buying the parts separately.
CAMBER PLATES : We highly recommend Vorshlag S550 camber plates be used with MCS damper kits for this Mustang chassis. You can easily adjust camber track side with Vorshlag camber plates, and caster is also adjustable during installation. The over-sized spherical bearings we use in all Vorshlag spherical top mounts are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Please see the product entries on this website for more information about the Vorshlag camber plates and spring perches. Ordering this option includes the associated Vorshlag upper spring perches made to work with these plates, 60mm springs and MCS struts.
All Vorshlag camber plates are designed, machined, and assembled in-house, and every set is built to order - to fit your specific strut and spring sizes. We make the best spherical camber plates on the market, and we have 12+ years and thousands of products sold to prove that.
SPRING PACKAGES: While MCS provides you with the dampers only, Vorshlag offers the unique option for racers to pick their own front and rear spring rates at a reduced cost. These options will include new Hyperco and/or Swift springs from our tested and recommended packages. Vorshlag has spent countless hours at the track testing these spring rates, and we stand behind them for balance and performance. The spring options usually include 3 options: our GT spring package is for daily driven cars, the GTS package is for street cars that are also used in autocross and/or track events and the GTR package for race cars that predominantly see track use. If you would like to order custom rates not listed here, please give us a call. This can be arranged for typically no extra cost.
All Hyperco springs are measured in inch lengths and rates are in pounds of force per inch of travel (lbs/in). Swift springs are made in Metric lengths and rates. In order to convert the inch lengths to metric lengths, multiply the length by 25.4 (divide by 25.4 to convert from metric to inches). In order to convert lbs/in to kgf/mm, you need to divide the lbs/in number by 57. In order to convert lbs/in to Newtons/mm, you need to divide the lbs/in number by 5.7.
Front Spring Package includes a pair of Hyperco 60mm ID Coilover Springs. These can work with the included MCS upper spring perches or the optional Vorshlag camber/caster plates and radial bearing upper spring perches
Rear Spring Package, coilover: includes a pair of Hyperco 2.25" ID Coilover Springs and MCS upper spring perches, and Vorshlag upper shock mounts.
Vorshlag's GT Spring Package is 450 #/in Front / 550 #/in Rear
Vorshlag's GTS Spring Package is 600 #/in Front / 750 #/in Rear
Vorshlag's GTR Spring Package is 800 #/in Front / 1100 #/in Rear
- If you would like to order custom rates not listed here, please give us a call. There is no additional charge for different spring rates.
FRONT SWAYBAR ENDLINKS : The MCS strut for the S550 Mustang moves the endlink mount on the new strut housing DOWN for the anti-roll bar by a significant amount. This is done to make room for the threaded section of the coilover housing where the lower spring perches thread on. This threaded section is long and covers up where the factory bracket for the swaybar endlink would be.
To fix this you need to run a much shorter anti-roll bar end link on the front struts with 12mm threaded ends. We have found a shorter set of Whiteline endlinks that work perfectly for the front MCS S197 endlink location, which is shown above. It includes a pair of beefy, adjustable length units made with aluminum hex bar and OEM style ball joint ends - sealed from the weather, so they rotate well and last a very long time. You can fine tune the endlink length with this design, and we have torture tested this same setup on our MCS equipped TT3 Mustang - with massive grip levels and lots of abuse. You can try to piece something together on your own, or just hit the "easy button" for this option and we can ship a pair of these with your MCS kit.