All MCS damper kits are built to order so expect an estimated 2-6 week build time after you order. If you chose to order online, you will be billed immediately. If you would like to call in the order (we prefer that) we process a deposit for the shocks up front, with the rest billed when they are complete.
Vorshlag Motorsports is an authorized Motion Control Suspension dealer. The MCS RR2 external double adjustable damper is the perfect solution for Time Trial competitors, Club Racers, and Autocrossers. This damper set features a full 18 settings of rebound control and a another 18 settings of low speed compression control, both over a wide range and valved unique to each vehicle model's specific requirements. Dampers are more than just a number of adjustments and click count though – the shape of the resulting curves is specifically engineered to give your car the most grip through the range of surface conditions and dynamic inputs your vehicle experiences in a competition environment.
All the MCS dampers are built in the USA. They are fully rebuildable, serviceable and can be custom valved and upgraded any time here in the USA.
- Adjustment range of 18 different settings for rebound control
- Adjustment range of 18 different settings for compression control
- Monotube design front and rear
- Nitrogen pressure is adjustable if required
- Includes standard spring hardware (springs and camber plates are not included)
- 2 Front MCS External Double Adjustable (18 adj, Rebound, 18 adj. Compression) Monotube Struts
- 2 Rear MCS External Double Adjustable (18 adj, Rebound, 18 adj. Compression) Monotube Shocks with Quick Release Disconnects
- MCS Front Spring Perches for 60mm springs and your OEM upper strut mounts (removed when bought with camber plates)
Unique to Vorshlag: We include the 1.5mm allen wrench used to tighten the rebound knobs onto the adjustment shaft.
Choose the appropriate options and model alterations from the drop down menus below. These options will affect the final price as shown for each option.
CAMBER PLATES: We highly recommend Vorshlag camber plates be used with MCS damper kits. You can easily adjust camber track side with Vorshlag camber plates. Over-sized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Please see the product entries on this website for more information about the Vorshlag camber plates and spring perches. Ordering this option includes the associated Vorshlag upper spring perches made to work with these plates, 60mm springs and MCS struts. For the GD Subarus we offer front and rear camber plates.
SPRING RATES : While MCS provides you with the dampers only, Vorshlag offers the unique option for racers to pick their own front and rear spring rates at a reduced cost. These options will include new Hyperco or Swift springs from our recommended packages and optional Eibach tender springs. The spring options listed include our GT package for daily driven cars, the GTS package for street cars that are also used in autocross and/or track events and the GTR package for race cars that predominantly see track use. We offer these without tender springs as a cost savings measure, or with tender springs on the rears to get the most from the MCS dampers. If you would like to order custom rates not listed here, please give us a call. This can be arranged for typically no extra cost.
All Hyperco springs are measured in inch lengths and rate is in pounds of force per inch of travel (lbs/in). In order to convert the inch lengths to metric lengths, multiply the length by 25.4 (divide by 25.4 to convert from metric to inches). In order to convert lbs/in to kgf/mm, you need to divide the lbs/in number by 56. In order to convert lbs/in to Newtons/mm, you need to divide the lbs/in number by 5.7.
All Swift springs are measured in millimeter lengths and rate is in kilograms of force per millimeter of travel (kgf/mm). In order to convert the metric lengths to inch lengths, divide the length by 25.4 (multiply by 25.4 to convert from inches to metric). In order to convert kgf/mm to lbs/in, you need to multiply the kgf/mm number by 56.
- 2 Front 60mm Coilover Springs
- 2 Rear 60mm Coilover Springs
- Vorshlag's GT Package is 350 #/in Front & 350 #/in Rear
- Vorshlag's GTS Package is 450 #/in Front & 450 #/in Rear
- Vorshlag's GTR Package is 600 #/in Front & 550 #/in Rear
- If you would like to order custom rates not listed here, please give us a call. There is no additional charge for different spring rates.
CAR MODEL: Choose from the WRX, first year STi, and standard Impreza or the later STi model which uses a slightly different front strut to spindle interface.
SIGNATURE DELIVERY : Orders over $2400 require signature delivery. Please plan on that when ordering.