All MCS damper kits are built to order so expect an estimated 2-6 week build time after you order. If you chose to order online, you will be billed immediately. If you would like to call in the order (we prefer that) we process a deposit for the shocks up front, with the rest billed when they are complete.
Vorshlag Motorsports is an authorized Motion Control Suspension dealer. The MCS RR2 Remote Double Adjustable damper is the perfect solution for serious Time Trial competitors, Club Racers, and Autocrossers. This damper set features a full 18 settings of rebound and 18 settings for low speed compression control over a wide range, and valved unique to each vehicle model's specific requirements. Dampers are more than just a number of adjustments and click count though – the shape of the resulting curves is specifically engineered to give your car the most grip through the range of surface conditions and dynamic inputs your vehicle experiences in a competition environment.
All the MCS dampers are built in the USA. They are fully rebuildable, serviceable and can be custom valved and upgraded any time here in the USA.
- Adjustment range of 18 different settings for rebound control, 18 settings for low speed compression control
- Remote reservoirs for additional stroke and heat radiation
- Feature Staubli disconnects on the rear shock remote reservoir hoses (Nitrogen pressure must be removed before disconnection and recharged after reassembly)
- Monotube design front and rear
- Nitrogen pressure is adjustable if required
- Springs and shock mounts are not included (optional)
MCS shocks for the C5/C6 Corvette can be configured multiple ways depending on intended use for the vehicle. Please contact us if you have questions or want help choosing the right set up for you! Choose the appropriate options and model alterations from the drop down menus below. These options will effect the final price as shown for each option.
OPTION 1 - NON COILOVER : MCS shocks can be installed as direct replacement to your OEM shocks if you plan to keep the OEM transverse leaf spring on the front and rear of the vehicle. This option will change the configuration of the shock by moving the adjustment knob to the top of the shocks, both front and rear. Some modification to your car will be required to gain the necessary access to those adjustment knobs. For the front (inverted) shock, the knob is at the bottom, so no changes are needed. For the rear, two small holes can be cut in the trunk fiberglass for easy access to the adjustment knob at the top.
- 2 Front MCS Remote Double Adjustable (18 adj Rebound, 15 adj Compression) Monotube Shocks
- 2 Rear MCS Remote Double Adjustable (18 adj Rebound, 15 adj Compression) Monotube Shocks
OPTION 2 - COILOVER CONVERSION : Vorshlag has developed a coilover setup for the C5 Corvette that transforms a good chassis to an excellent one. We pair MCS shocks with Vorshlag's Front and Rear Spherical Shock Mounts, made 100% in house out of billet aluminum. These shock mounts incorporate the same large Heavy Duty spherical bearing that we use in our camber plates. The coilover conversion saves a significant amount of weight be removing the heavy rear transverse leaf springs and their associated hardware, then replacing them using lighter, abundant, and less costly coilover springs. Coilover conversion also removes a big "swaybar effect" that the unusual OEM transverse spring design contributes to Corvettes.
- 2 Front MCS Remote Double Adjustable (18 adj Rebound, 18 adj Compression) Monotube Shocks
- 2 Rear MCS Remote Double Adjustable (18 adj Rebound, 18 adj Compression) Monotube Shocks
- 2 Front Springs, 2 Rear Springs
- Vorshlag Front and Rear Spherical Top Mounts + front shock mount cutting fixture
- Vorshlag Spanner Wrenches
- All Springs perches and other mounting hardware
Please see the separate product entries for the Vorshlag front and rear Corvette spherical shock mounts to see details and model limitations for these parts. As always, please call Vorshlag for more details.
SPRING RATES : While MCS provides you with the dampers only, Vorshlag offers the unique option for racers to pick their own front and rear spring rates at a reduced cost. These options will include new Hyperco or Swift springs from our recommended packages. The spring options listed include our GT package for daily driven cars, the GTS package for street cars that are also used in autocross and/or track events and the GTR package for race cars that predominantly see track use. If you would like to order custom rates not listed here, please give us a call. This can be arranged for typically no extra cost.
All Hyperco springs are measured in inch lengths and rate is in pounds of force per inch of travel (lbs/in). In order to convert the inch lengths to metric lengths, multiply the length by 25.4 (divide by 25.4 to convert from metric to inches). In order to convert lbs/in to kgf/mm, you need to divide the lbs/in number by 56. In order to convert lbs/in to Newtons/mm, you need to divide the lbs/in number by 5.7.
All Swift springs are measured in millimeter lengths and rate is in kilograms of force per millimeter of travel (kgf/mm). In order to convert the metric lengths to inch lengths, divide the length by 25.4 (multiply by 25.4 to convert from inches to metric). In order to convert kgf/mm to lbs/in, you need to multiply the kgf/mm number by 56.
- Vorshlag's GT Package is 650 #/in Front / 700 #/in Rear
- Vorshlag's GTS Package is 800 #/in Front / 700 #/in Rear