E36/46 Competition Polyurethane motor mounts are now available! These mounts will fit the following cars: E36/Z3 non-M and M3, E46 non-M and M3, Z4 non-M and M, E9x M3 ONLY (EXCLUDES XI MODELS). These motor mounts will dramatically change the responsiveness of your BMW. Racers have noticed immediate improvements in shifting mid-corner and immediate throttle response on the track. These Nylon versions increase engine vibration from idle-1000 rpm, but this trade-off is worth it on BMW race cars. Some folks even run them on street cars - we did for 6 months and felt it was worth the dramatic improvement in shifting.
Why upgrade to Vorshlag Competition Motor Mounts?
- Correct shifter geometry for every shift
- Easy shifting in mid-turn, no drivetrain slop
- Up- or downshift while loaded and under power!
- Direct feel under braking and acceleration
Instant throttle and engine torque response!
- Radically reduces "Money Shift" potential
The BMW E36/E46/E92 M3 models have a body mounted shifter, a rubber isolated shift handle, a high Center of Mass engine, and sloppy stock motor mounts and transmission bushings. This allows the driveline to flop and slop around like a bucking bull, on a hard driven car with track duty tires. Load the chassis motor up into a corner and good luck finding the next gear, especially on downshifts. Vorshlag poly mounts cure what ails these BMW chassis! These will keep the engine planted with the chassis, and that "wind-up" driveline will be no more. If your motor mounts have more than 80K miles of them, they are shot. Do yourself a favor - lock down that driveline and enjoy smoother, more positive shifting on the street and track.
Stock E36 M3 mount (top); Vorshlag Competition Motor Mounts include all hardware
Vorshlag motor mounts 1st in Street Modified ProSolo, and 1st and 2nd in Street Modified on the BimmerHaus supercharged M3 after they were first introduced in 2006 and have been on winning BMWs ever since.
"We ran the short diff on the West course so up shifting to 3rd coming out of the finish slalom was a necessity. Shifting at full throttle when the car is heavily side loaded can be challenging, but the Vorshlag motor mounts gave me the confidence to shift to 3rd when I needed it most." - Bob Tunnell, 2006 National Champion, SCCA Street Mod, ProSolo and Solo2.
Specifics on this revolutionary motor mount design:
- CNC aluminum end plates, clear anodized finish. All parts Made in the USA
- Nylon-6 bushing material, Shoreline 70 D durometer (HARD as a bowling ball, yea!)
- Hardened, metric studs for engine and frame attachment
- Class legal for BMWCCA SpecE36, SCCA Street Prepared and Street Touring
- Proven winner since 2006. This design was updated in 2013 to reflect updates in SCCA rules, which now allow more metal content for a stronger overall assembly.
- These mounts will accommodate various OEM motor mount heat shield configurations
- These mounts fit all E36 6-Cylinder Engines, all E46 6-Cylinder Engines and the E9x M3 (only) model.
- These have a noticeable increase in NVH (noise vibration harshness) compared to our Polyurethane Competition Motor mounts or the OEM motor mounts
- Note: lightweight (1-piece) flywheels add NVH to any BMW engine, and this can be more pronounced with stiffer motor mount designs
- The perfect BMW motor mount for race prepared BMWs
- Upgradable to Polyurethane inserts if the car becomes a street car at a later date
- No more MoneyShift!
Shipping weight 2.6 pounds.
Add the perfect compliment to your Vorshlag motor mounts with a set of Vorshlag transmission mounts! This combination drastically improves shift action and engine response for your car. The transmission mounts are discounted when purchased with the motor mounts.
These transmission mounts will fit the following cars: E36/Z3 non-M and M3, E46 non-M and M3, Z4 non-M and M, E8x non-M and M, and E9x non-M ONLY.