All MCS damper kits are built to order so expect an estimated 2-4 week build time after you order. If you chose to order online, you will be billed immediately. If you would like to call in the order (we prefer that) we process a deposit for the shocks up front, with the rest billed when they are complete.
The MCS RR3 external triple adjustable damper is the Motorsports solution for top level Time Trial competitors, Club Racers, and Autocrossers - even Pro road race teams. This damper set features a full 18 clicks Rebound control, 10 clicks of low speed Compression control, and 18 clicks of high speed Compression control - over a wide range and valved unique to each vehicle model's specific requirements.
Dampers are more than just a number of adjustments and click count though – the shape of the resulting curves is specifically engineered to give your car the most grip through the range of surface conditions and dynamic inputs your vehicle experiences in a competition environment.
High Speed Compression damping (above left) is easily manipulated on the 3W damper. With 18 clicks of adjustment, the user can control high speed shaft movements (4 inches of velocity and beyond) to make better use of their mechanical contact patch, resulting in faster lap times. Low Speed Compression damping (above right) has 10 clicks of adjustment, allowing the user can easily manipulate the pitch and roll of the vehicle in low speed shaft movements (0-4 inches in velocity). With 18 clicks of rebound adjustment (above middle), the user can easily introduce more spring control or change the balance of the car.
With the Schrader valves fitted on the ends of the RR2 or RR3 reservoirs, the ability to increase or decrease the nitrogen pressure in your damper is another adjustment. This allows the user to increase or decrease the overall support to the vehicle. Reservoir pressure can be adjusted between 100 – 275 PSI to help support the platform in fast cornering that generates large loads or to allow more weight transfer to generate more traction in low grip scenarios.
All the MCS dampers are built in the USA. They are fully rebuildable, serviceable and can be custom valved and upgraded any time here in the USA.
- Adjustment range of 18 different settings for rebound control
- Adjustment range of 10 different settings for low speed compression control
- Adjustment range of 18 different settings for high speed compression control
- Monotube design front and rear, with remote reservoirs
- Nitrogen pressure is adjustable if required
- Includes standard spring hardware (springs and camber plates are not included)
- 2 Front MCS External Triple Adjustable (18 adj, Rebound, 10 & 18 adj. Compression) Monotube Struts with Remote Reservoirs
- 2 Rear MCS External Triple Adjustable (18 adj, Rebound, 10 & 18 adj. Compression) Monotube Shocks with Remote Reservoirs
- MCS Front Spring Perches for 60mm springs and your OEM upper strut mounts (removed when bought with camber plates)
Unique to Vorshlag:
- We include a 1.5mm Allen wrench tool, which is used to tighten the rebound knobs onto the adjustment shaft.
- Also included free of charge is a pair of Vorshlag 68-75mm Spanner Wrenches for MCS front coilover strut spring perches. These are needed to loosen/tighten the 2-piece perches on each strut.
- MCS kits ordered from Vorshlag are shipped to our facility first. This way we can test fit any optional parts (springs, camber plates, etc) to the as-built struts and shocks, and give everything a final Quality Check. Almost all other MCS dealers drop-ship these kits direct from MCS to the customer.
Choose the appropriate options and model alterations from the drop down menus below. These options will affect the final price as shown for each option. All optional packages and parts include significant discounts when purchased with shocks rather than buying the parts separately.
CAMBER PLATES : We highly recommend Vorshlag camber plates be used with MCS damper kits. You can easily adjust camber track side with Vorshlag camber plates. Over-sized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Please see the product entries on this website for more information about the Vorshlag camber plates and spring perches. Ordering this option includes the associated Vorshlag upper spring perches made to work with these plates, 60mm springs and MCS struts. We need to know if you have an E46 M3 or E46 non-M chassis. Please note that in the "order notes".
REAR SHOCK MOUNTS : Optional Rear Shock Mounts include Vorshlag Spherical design - this is ideal for users that see competition use, such as autocross or track events. The advantage to spherical RSMs is their ability to transmit reactions to shock forces instantly and directly - something that shows up on a shock dyno plot.
VORSHLAG RSM REINFORCEMENT KIT : Many BMW models are prone to cracks near the rear, upper shock mount bolt holes from both street/track use with higher cornering loads (and higher damper forces) as well as normal street use over extended time periods. Bolt these steel reinforcement plates on top of the rear shock tower sheet metal to strengthen this known weak area and prevent these cracks. Can be used with OEM style rubber RSMs or spherical RSMs. Can be bolted or welded in place. To install just place above the shock tower, underneath the RSM top nuts, as shown below - takes mere minutes to install. Our RSM kit can be found HERE.
SPRING PACKAGES : While MCS provides the dampers, Vorshlag offers the parts racers need to install these to their car - including springs. We do not supply these as a "coilover rear" spring setup, but instead use coilover springs along with our ride height adjusters, spring alignment cones, and it all mounts in the stock "divorced" spring location. We package the spring parts together at a reduced cost. Our spring package options include new Hyperco or Swift springs from our recommended ranges - but we can do custom rates also. The spring options listed include our GT package for daily driven cars, the GTS package for street cars that are also used in autocross and/or track events and the GTR package for race cars that predominantly see track use. If you would like to order custom rates not listed here, please give us a call. This can be arranged for typically no extra cost.
All Hyperco springs are measured in inch lengths and rate is in pounds of force per inch of travel (lbs/in). In order to convert the inch lengths to metric lengths, multiply the length by 25.4 (divide by 25.4 to convert from metric to inches). In order to convert lbs/in to kgf/mm, you need to divide the lbs/in number by 56. In order to convert lbs/in to Newtons/mm, you need to divide the lbs/in number by 5.7.
All Swift springs are measured in millimeter lengths and rate is in kilograms of force per millimeter of travel (kgf/mm). In order to convert the metric lengths to inch lengths, divide the length by 25.4 (multiply by 25.4 to convert from inches to metric). In order to convert kgf/mm to lbs/in, you need to multiply the kgf/mm number by 56.
- 2 Front 60mm Coilover Springs
- 2 Rear 60mm Coilover Springs
- 2 Rear Spring Alignment Platforms
- Pair of 60mm ID Rear Ride Height Adjusters - $200/pair, included in price of rear springs option
- Vorshlag's GT Package is 500 #/in Front / 550 #/in Rear
- Vorshlag's GTS Package is 550 #/in Front / 650 #/in Rear
- Vorshlag's GTR package is 600 #/in Front, 750 #/in Rear
SIGNATURE DELIVERY : Orders over $2400 require signature delivery. Please plan on that when ordering.