Like every modern MINI ever made, the F56 chassis have McPherson strut front suspensions, and these models have zero camber adjustment from the factory. Unfortunately, these MINIs don't have enough negative front camber to allow them to be driven on a road course or in an autocross event without shredding the outside shoulders of the front tires. The need to add negative camber was something we noticed when these cars were first introduced but there didn't seem to be a way to do it with our traditional Vorshlag spherical top mount designs.
These F56 models were similar to the "challenges" we had with the similar BMW factory strut top mount design. The integrated nature of the top mount + upper spring perch made for a very short stack-up height. We knew immediately that our successful solution for the late BMW models could be used for the F56 top mount design.
This design is specific to the F56 MINI models.
Due to height restrictions of the OEM top mount/perch (we will never make a camber plate that adds ride height to the OEM spring/strut combo) this is a camber-only adjustable top mount. To adjust the camber is simple. Make sure you have access to the 4 Allen head bolts that protrude above the spherical bearing holder. With the suspension lifted to remove pre-load from the top mount, loosen these 4 Allen head bolts (with a 1/4" or 6mm hex key wrench) and slide the top of the wheel inboard (negative) or outboard (positive) to alter the camber setting. There are engraved marks on the main plate which can be lined up with the back of the bearing holder for reference when you adjust camber track side.
With this design you can easily adjust camber track side and the total adjustment is up to 3.5° of added negative camber over stock. Our over-sized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All of our components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Read more about the engineering behind our camber plates here.
Vorshlag camber plate components are CNC machined in-house, and this F56 design uses a larger piece of aluminum than many previous designs we have built to date, and metal prices are up 100% in the past few years. This product entry includes an OEM style upper spring perch we also CNC machine, which matches the factory front spring diameter as well as all lowering springs offered for the F56.
This design can add up to 3.5° of additional negative camber, which keeps the outside front tires flatter when cornering, reducing tire wear and increasing cornering grip. Adding negative camber is one of the FIRST modifications racers do to their cars, and the F56 MINI needs it just like so many others.
- Compatible with all OEM diameter factory and aftermarket (lowering) springs for F56 MINI
- Works on the 2014-up F56 MINI series, including the F55 and F57
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track with simple hand tools (1/4" hex wrench sold separately in this car's Suspension section)
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any MINI camber plate on the market. The result has much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
- Aluminum alloy main plate and steel alloy bearing holder construction - Tough as a tank!
- Sealed radial ball bearings isolate steering movement from spherical bearing. These do not have to be removed monthly and re-greased like competing models that use a flat, unsealed Torrington bearing
- All components machined in-house at Vorshlag on our CNC machines
- All components plated or anodized for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Can be converted to use with coilover springs (different camber plate entry in this car's Suspension section)
- Vorshlag upper spring perches are included and built to fit the OEM style spring for this model.
Spring Perches: This catalog entry is for the OEM sized front springs and all aftermarket lowering springs. We have another entry in this F56 Suspension section for the various coilover spring options.
Strut Style: Please pick the brand and type of strut your car has. We have included the OEM and popular aftermarket struts that use the OEM style upper spring perch.
If the brand of your strut isn't shown in the options, feel free to call us. Anytime a new chassis hits the track, the aftermarket has to play catch up. With new suspensions being released we need your help to ensure that new camber plates are being configured correctly. For us that means we need to know the dimensions of the struts your using to build up a database, as we've done in the past with all the other camber plates we offer. Please look at the photo below, this is an example of exactly what dimensions we are looking for. If you are still not sure please contact us!
Note: The factory F56 struts require the use of custom machined long reach strut top nut (see below left) instead of the factory-provided Nylock top nut. This ensures full thread engagement for safe usage on a short upper stem strut like the OEM use. These Vorshlag built nuts will be included when that strut style is selected and should be installed with a drop of Blue Loctite on the threads, then installed with an impact wrench using the "pulse" method.