Please Note: These LS1 swap parts are made in batches, and can sometimes take weeks to fulfill orders. We prefer to take these orders over the phone, so we can then only charge you for parts as they ship. If you order here, online, your credit card is charged immediately. And shipping is very difficult to do on large orders like this, especially going overseas. So shipping costs could be "off" if you order online, too. if If you have any questions about ETAs on any parts please call us at 972-422-7170.
New for 2018 is our E36 Right Hand Drive LS V8 swap kit!
The Stage 0 Kit Includes the following:
We are launching our new Stage 0 LS-series V8 swap kit for the RHD E36 chassis with the following parts, which will get the drivetrain in the car, give you exhaust headers to connect to, re-connect the steering, and get you a driveshaft for your E36 differential. This kit includes:
- Vorshlag Motor Mounts (Powdercoated with poly bushings) to fit an LS series V8 into a Right Hand Drive E36 chassis. We have NOT tested on RHD 318Ti or Z3s at this time.
- Vorshlag new and bigger 1 7/8" SS T304 headers (CNC bent primaries & precision formed collectors, cast stainless port, built on production fixtures). Stainless steel weld-on O2 bungs are also included. Due to chassis constraints near the collectors these might need to be added just downstream of the header V-band collectors (also included) in the after-header exhaust system (not included).
- Vorshlag Spec'd custom 2-piece collapsible steering shaft with BMW specific splines at both ends (Chrome-moly needle bearing steering shaft built to withstand the extreme duties of this Kit while reducing steering slop and increasing header primary clearance). This is the only part that is the same as our LHD E36 LS swap kits.
- Vorshlag Transmission Crossmember (Powdercoated with Nylon bushing for NVH control)
- Vorshlag Spec'd custom driveshaft (3.0" aluminum, including Spicer U-joints, T56 input yoke, and custom 4 bolt BMW 188mm axle flange)
- New bolts and hardware for steering shaft, motor mount, and transmission crossmember installation.
We've been listening to RHD E36 customers for years who wanted in on the LS swap game. Almost nothing from our LHD kits would fit the RHD cars, which are what people see in Australia, South Africa, Great Britain, and Japan - among other countries. There is just as much room under the hood of the RHD E36 chassis, but we had to move things around a bit to fit the same LS engine in this unique chassis.
This Stage 0 Kit reflects what we've heard customers want:
- Quality - As is our mantra with our suspension business, the Kit will have no other rivals when it comes to the production quality. We've taken the steps to ensure we can build reproducible kits every time in quantity. Details like engine placement and angle were not overlooked. CNC cut steel parts are made in-house, all welding is done in-house using TIG welders on our own welding fixtures. This ensures repeatability and accuracy, batch after batch.
- Performance - The Kit will allow our customers to build "mild to wild" cars. Whether your goal is a daily driver or a dedicated track terror, you can build it with Vorshlag LS swap parts. The new 1-7/8" primary long tube headers will make more power for ALL engine displacements in the LS engine family, too!
- A track record of Good Fitting Parts - We have made production LS swap kits since 2007, and have swap designs going back to 2002. Some of the highest names in the aftermarket have purchased our LS swap kits. Gas Monkey, Hoonigan, D1 teams, road racers, and more. Trust what the professionals choose to save them time and money - don't re-invent the wheel!
- Price - Since we are using production runs to build this kit, you will receive a kit that benefits from higher quality and similar price to other kits. We encourage you to compare our kit against others, the value for your dollar with our quality components will be readily apparent.
- Keep the BMW in it - This kit allows you to maintain the steering and braking feel that makes a BMW a BMW. ABS will still work. Steering feel will be OEM quality. Compromises to these two key BMW systems can ruin what makes the E36 chassis so universally admired.
These Stage 0 production built pieces get the hard core DIY'er or install shop the essential parts you need to get started on a LS V8 swap in a RHD E36 chassis without the need for heavy fabrication, design work, or accurate measuring work on your own. We've done the heavy lifting - you can get the LS / T56 drivetrain, long tube headers, and steering operational in a RHD E36 in a day.
Buying this proven kit vs. "making your own" parts saves you trial and error mistakes as well as hundreds of hours of engineering, layout and fabrication time. This Stage 0 kit gets you well on your way to a running V8 BMW without having to spend time and money designing and fabricating custom headers, drivetrain bracketry, custom steering shaft and driveshaft, etc., and the volume we can build these parts in lends savings to an individual as well as better production manufacturing methods (laser cutting, CNC bending, production fixturing, etc) that make for a more precision built part.
This cart entry is for the full amount of the Stage 0 Kit parts, as described above. This can be pallet shipped or shipped in individual boxes. For the best shipping quote but we prefer to have you call or email in the order, to get a customize shipping quote to you at the best price possible.
Note: These kits are only designed to work with Right Hand Drive vehicles. Left Hand Drive E36 chassis have a separate section in our catalog