Vorshlag has done a lot of development S550 Mustang world, and we've pushed the limits of what the OEM brakes on these cars can handle. Making a brake cooling package for our shop 2018 GT was one of the first "must do" projects we tackled, but the lower grill for the 2018-19 GT was unique. With the weight of this
was thought possible on many aspects of this chassis - such as wheel fitments, damper design, camber plate engineering - and helped introduce new brands to this market.
One of the areas where we've found deficiencies in the OEM parts, as well as some of the aftermarket solutions, was the braking system. The S197 is a powerful and heavy car, and with 3600 pounds and a 420+ hp V8 it really pushes the limits of even the optional 14" (355mm) Brembo 4 piston brakes. Track day braking is even harder, and there's just too much heat in the rotors to shed efficiently.
The Vorshlag 2013-14 Mustang "front brake inlets" are located in the lower grill and are essentially invisible
To counter this brake heat issue we've developed a kit to upgrade the front brakes to the 14" Brembo bits, and the rear rotors to 14" (from 11.5") as well as upgraded brake cooling and brake line options. This Vorshlag Front Brake Inlet Cooling Kit for the 2013-14 GT is another piece of the brake cooling puzzle, and we're happy to introduce this. The video below explains where these go and how they work.
These Vorshlag 3" front inlet ducts are attached in the lower grill opening of the 2013-14 GT/Boss to allow air to come in and then can be forced into 3" hoses to front brake cooling backing plates. This kit is unobtrusive and allows the use of the OEM fog lights.
Watch THIS video for installation instructions!
- Custom design to fit the unique shape of the 2013-14 Mustang GT and Boss302 lower grill
- Allows for easy, discrete, and highly effective placement of brake cooling inlet ducts for use with our Brake Cooling Backing Plate kit at the rotor/hub
- Built with CNC laser cut components and TIG welded on Vorshlag production fixtures, all fabricated in-house here at Vorshlag
- Includes captured nuts on the duct plus all of the hardware needed to install
- Features a gloss black powder coated finish
- Some assembly required - please see video above for instructions
Note: The brake cooling backing plates and hoses are sold separately (see the items listed in this same section of our catalog). Also, this entry only fits the 2013-14 Mustang GT and 2013 Boss302. This should also fit the 2010-14 GT500. Call us for more details.