Motul's Racing Brake Fluid (RBF) 600 is an very high performance polyglycol brake fluid. It is a DOT 4 fluid and 100% synthetic fluid for hydraulic actuated brake and clutch systems that require a non-silicone synthetic fluid. It far exceeds the standards of DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5.1 (except for DOT 5.1 viscosity at -40C). Each bottle is filled with Nitrogen, increasing shelf life and eliminating contamination while factory sealed.
Standards: FMVSS 116 DOT 4 / SAE J 1703 / ISO 4925
Extreme thermal resistance and stability:
The very high boiling point (312C / 594F) is superior to conventional DOT 5.1 non silicone base / DOT 5 silicone base fluids (260C / 500F mini) and DOT 4 (230C / 446F mini) fluids and it enables an effective braking system even under extreme conditions.
Efficient when rainy:
The very high wet boiling point (205C / 401F), superior to conventional DOT 5.1 non-silicone base fluid (180C / 356F mini) and DOT 4 (155C / 311F mini), enables you to keep an efficient brake system when rainy. Indeed, DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 brake fluids have the property to absorb humidity in the air, which reduces their boiling points and increases the risk to get to “vapor lock” phenomena. The wet boiling point is measured by humidifying the product with about 3.5 % of water.
- Avoid mixing with polyglycols based brake fluid with lower performances.
- Do not mix with silicone (DOT 5 silicone base) or mineral base fluids (LHM).
- Store brake fluid in its original container, tightly closed to prevent absorption of moisture.
- Aggressive chemical product if contact with hands, paint or varnish.
- If skin contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
NOTE: This product can only be shipped via Ground shipping methods due to it's chemical nature. If you order it with faster shipping, it will ship Ground.