These are back in stock at Bilstein, but have limited availability.
Please call us to check stock before ordering.
The Bilstein B16 PSS10 kit is a race inspired coilover system, providing the ultimate in high performance tuning. The manually adjustable monotube gas shock absorbers feature 10-stage precise compression and rebound settings, from comfort to competition. The threaded body allows accurate adjustability of the front and rear progressive springs to achieve the vehicle ride height (30 to 50mm below stock ride height), lowering the center of gravity and allowing for corner balancing. These are great for performance handling in track, autocross or street use, Bilstein's patented Triple-C-Technology coating ensures long-lasting resistance to corrosion.
- Monotube inverted front struts and monotube rear shocks
- 9-click precise Compression and Rebound settings (single knob controls both, with a bias towards more Rebound than Compression adjustment)
- Threaded Body for Accurate Adjustability
- Includes Front and Rear "Tapered" Progressive Lowering Springs (we can alter this system to use 60mm ID coilover springs - see options below)
- Bilstein's Patented Triple-C-Technology Coating for Long Lasting Corrosion Resistance
- Front Lowering Range: 30-50mm (1.2" - 2")
- Rear Lowering Range: 30-50mm (1.2" to 2")
- Comes with two Bilstein spanner wrenches ot tightn the spring perch collars.
- Made to re-use the OEM upper spring perches and top mounts
- PSS10 kit includes all parts shown in the 4 pictures below
- The PSS10 kit for the R56 Mini includes new front endlinks, necraary for this chassis
All Bilstein PSS kits are designed to be ready to install as is. That doesn't mean that you couldn't improve on what they have supplied. Adding camber plates or switching to linear style coilover springs are great ways to make a good suspension kit even better! Below are some option that Vorshlag have tested on the street and on the track in conjunction with the PSS kit above.
CAMBER PLATES: We highly recommend Vorshlag camber plates be used with Bilstein strut kits, but the shocks can be used with the OEM upper strut mount for racers on an extreme budget and/or where class rules do not allow an upper camber plate (such as SCCA Stock Class). Easily adjust camber track side with Vorshlag camber/caster plates. Over-sized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Please see the product entries on this website for more information about the Vorshlag camber plates and perches. Ordering this option includes the associated Vorshlag upper spring perches made to work with these plates.
NOTE: If you want to use the included Bilstein "tapered" springs choose the "Vorshlag Camber Plates (PSS)" camber plate option in the drop-down. If you want to also upgrade to firmer 60mm coilover springs (shown below) pick the "Vorshlag Camber Plates (Coilover Conversion)" camber plate option.
60mm COILOVER SPRING PACKAGE: The "tapered" springs that come with the Bilstein PSS9/10 are a great starting point., and are made to lower the car and work with the OEM upper spring perches and top mounts They are soft and very comfortable on the street and work well if you occasionally track your MINI, but you have exactly one choice of springs that will fit this setup - what is included in the PSS10 kit.
But... if you plan on using your car more for competition (autocross or road course) use, then we can set you up with linear style 60mm coilover coilover spring package that have a stiffer spring rate, are lighter, and offer more inboard wheel & tire clearance. Once you convert these PSS10 damprs to use 60mm springs there is a near infinite number of spring lengths and rates to choose from, for further tuning. When switching to a linear style coilover spring it is HIGHLY RECOMENDED TO USE VORSHLAG CAMBER PLATES as they will be configured with the correct spring perch. You will not be able to use your OEM top mounts with the GT Package spring option.
These are the parts included in the optional 60mm Coilover Spring Package:
- 2 Front 60mm Coilover Springs
- 2 Rear 60mm Coilover Springs
- 2 Vorshlag Dual Spring Spacers (for the use of tender springs on the rear)
- 2 Vorshlag Rear 60mm Tender Springs
- 2 Vorshlag Rear 60mm Upper Spring Perches
- Vorshlag's GT Package is 350 #/in Front / 350 #/in Rear
- Please call us for other spring rate options, but we have tested the rates above on a Bilstein PSS10 equipped Mini and it worked well with these shocks.
If you need help deciding what options you need, if any, please call us here at Vorshlag. We understand Bilstein and the MINI chassis and will be glad to help.
SIGNATURE DELIVERY : Orders over $2400 require signature delivery. Please plan on that when ordering.