Bilstein B16 (PSS10) suspension kits feature ride height adjustability and single adjustable damping, with 10-positions. These are made in an OE quality, direct fit package. The 10-stage damping system adjusts both rebound and compression with each click to provide easy tuning. These kits offer monotube performance dampers with matched springs that are tuned for each specific application. The zinc coated and threaded body design will give you the flexibility to find the perfect ride height setting for your intended use while providing unsurpassed protection against the harshest road elements. B16 (PSS10) suspension kits are made in Germany and feature technology tested on the famed Nurburgring.
The springs included in the PSS10 kit for this 86 chassis were rated here at Vorshlag, visible in the chart above. The included springs and adjustable perches from the PSS10s allow front Lowering in the range of 15-35mm from stock, and rear lowering range from 20-35mm.
- Adjustment range of 10 different settings for rebound/compression on single knob
- 4 corner ride height adjustability
- Front Lowering Range: 15-35mm
- Rear Lowering Range: 20-35mm
- Inverted Monotube damper design front and rear
- Includes "conical" springs that work with OEM top mounts front and rear
- 2 Front Bilstein Single Adjustable Monotube Struts, F4-VM3-C665-H1/F4-VM3-C666-H1
- 2 Rear Bilstein Single Adjustable Monotube Shocks, F4-BM5-C667-H0
- PSS10 lowering springs that are 60mm ID at the bottom, OEM diameter at the top.
- Two spanner wrenches for adjusting the lower spring perches
CAMBER PLATES: We highly recommend Vorshlag camber plates be used with Bilstein strut kits, but the shocks can be used with the OEM upper strut mount for racers on an extreme budget and/or where class rules do not allow an upper camber plate (such as SCCA Stock Class). Easily adjust camber track side with Vorshlag camber/caster plates. Over-sized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Please see the product entries on this website for more information about the Vorshlag camber plates and perches. Ordering this option includes the associated Vorshlag upper spring perches made to work with these plates.
NOTE: If you want to use the included Bilstein "tapered" springs choose the "Vorshlag Camber Plates (PSS)" camber plate option in the drop-down. If you want to also upgrade to firmer 60mm coilover springs (shown below) pick the "Vorshlag Camber Plates (Coilover Conversion)" camber plate option.
SPRING PACKAGE: Vorshlag Motorsports has used the monotube PSS10 on a number of cars and we have seen excellent quality and good results for the cost of these kits. For even more performance we can replace the unusual "tapered" springs to true 60mm ID coilover springs. This allows us to increase the spring rate for more spirited driving on track or autocross conditions, while still keeping ride quality acceptable.
You can read more about the optional spring upgrade - as well as the optional Vorshlag spherical rear upper shock mount and camber plates for the front struts - starting in this forum build thread post.
To further increase the performance of the standard PSS10 kit, when you select the GT Spring Package upgrade you will also get a pair of rear Spherical Shock Mounts. We recommend the spherical RSMs for most users that see any competition use, such as autocross or track events. The advantage to spherical RSMs is their ability to transmit reactions to shock forces instantly and direct - something that shows up on a shock dyno plot.
These are the parts included in the optional GT Spring Package::
- 2 Front 60mm Coilover Springs
- 2 Rear 60mm Coilover Springs
- Rear Spherical Shock Mounts with Radial Bearing Perch
- Pre-Assembled Here at Vorshlag
- Vorshlag's GT Package is 350 #/in Front / 350 #/in Rear