The K&N 57-1001 FIPK air intake system replaces the restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing in some BMW 330 models (2001-2005). K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction as they smooth and straighten air flow. This allows your BMW’s M54 engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the factory air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine’s RPM range. The 57-1001 air intake comes with a chrome topped K&N high-flow air filter and a heat shield that installs into the previous air box space. Air is directed past the mass air sensor and through an aerodynamically engineered intake tube (included) into the engine’s throttle body for a guaranteed power gain. The tube accommodates the factory vent hose. The oversized conical air filter can be used for up to 100,000 miles before servicing is needed depending on driving conditions. This air intake is relatively easy to install usually in 90 minutes or less using the existing factory mounting points. The tools needed are a screwdriver, socket set and a couple of wrenches. K&N 57 Series FIPK's are street legal in all 50 US states and come with K&N's Million Mile Limited Warranty.
The new owner of the Vorshlag built 2001 BMW 330Ci brought the car back to us in August of 2014 for a new cold air kit. The old filter was beat up, there was no heat shield, and the stock inlet tube was getting worn. We were going to build one - until we saw the K&N 57-1001 kit. What would have taken 4-5 hours to fabricate from scratch took less than an hour to install, looks extremely professional and the heat shield seals very well to the hood - to keep hot air from the radiator from getting to the air filter.
- Guaranteed to increase horsepower - Dyno Chart - 2004 BMW 330i 3.0L - 11.46HP Increase
- Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound
- Lasts up to 100,000 miles before service is required (depending on driving conditions)
- Replaces entire factory air intake system
- Free-flowing high density polyethylene tube
- Easy to install, usually in 90 minutes or less
- Washable and reusable lifetime air filter
- K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty