These press-in splined wheel studs can be used on C7 Corvettes - both front and rear. These 2.5" long studs come with yellow zinc plating for corrosion protection. Designed to work with our M12-1.5 thread pitch lug nuts, which are sold separately. These will work with up to 15mm hub-centric spacers, or no spacer at all. This catalog entry is for A SET OF FIVE WHEEL STUDS.
Why are longer wheel studs preferred?
- We've found the stock M12 wheel studs on some late model Corvettes may only provide 10.5mm of threaded engagement, less than the absolute minimum recommended 12mm (one diameter's worth).
- Longer studs ensure proper lug nut engagement, especially with aftermarket wheels and/or wheel spacers.
These 2.5" long wheel studs allow the use of a variety of hub-centric wheel spacers (up to 10mm thick) - or without spacers.
- When these long studs are coupled with our Vorshlag M12-1.5 Long Reach Lug Nuts (also available in this section) your wheel is held on by more threads than the OEM stud + lug nut. Our nuts are BIG!
- Closed lug nuts will not work - use an open ended lug nut!
- Splined head must be pressed into the hubs.
- We recommend the use of a light application of anti-seize thread lubricant for more consistent lug nut torque torque
Specifics on the ARP M12-1.5 x 2.5" Wheel Stud:
- Image above shows OEM C7 wheel stud vs this 2.5" ARP (dims in mm)
- Thread pitch: M12-1.5 RH
- 2.500" underhead length
- .315" Knurl length
- Tensile Strength: 190,000 psi
- Max Torque for Lug Nuts: 180Nm (132 lb-ft) - recommended torque on the lug nuts is 85 lb-ft, using a light coating of anti-seize
FOLLOW THESE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the wheel hub assemblies first. Then press out old studs using a hydraulic press, making sure to support the hub face to prevent damage the hub bearing. Press in the new splined studs into hubs using the hydraulic press. Make sure that the knurl is fully engaged and the head has bottomed out against the back face of the hub.
More instructions are shown here.