When Vorshlag was developing the E46 LS1 swap kit, we tested with many different factory LSx oil pans including LS1 Camaro, LS1 Corvette, LS2, LS truck, and other OEM oil pans. None of them fit around the E46 crossmember with a decent engine location in this chassis. Then we tried some aftermarket pans, like GM's retrofit pan (cheap, but it looks it) and an LSx oil pan from Holley. GM's retrofit pan was cheaper, but didn't clear the crossmember and it hung down too low. The truck oil pans never fit ANY swap, so those are out. The 1998-2002 F-body oil pans fit most swaps, but not all and not the E46.
This Holley oil pan fit our E46 LS swap perfectly - and fits Z3, Z4, E36, S550 and S197 LS swaps also! Not only does it fit better but the quality of construction was much higher than the GM retrofit pan (which fits almost none of our swaps) or the OEM 1998-2002 F-body oil pans. Long story short - we always build our LS swap kits around this Holley oil pan, and it is needed for virtually any V8 - and a very good pan to use for most LS swaps. This Holley LS oil pan comes with the necessary oil pick-up tube and fits virtually ALL LS engines (except of course dry sump equipped LS7 / GS LS3 / LS9).
- Holley LSx oil pan
- Holley sump baffle (Improved Racing does make a racing baffle for this pan)
- Pick-up tube
- Sump plug
- Oil filter stud
- Oil passage cover
The Holley LSx retrofit pan is a complete kit and comes with all of the parts needed to bolt it to virtually any Gen III or Gen IV LSx engines. The quality is better than the GM OEM pans and once you see it in person, you will understand. This isn't a low cost "hacked up" stock pan made to fit this chassis, we found THE perfect oil pan and we built our kit around it. If you are using our E46 LS1 swap motor mounts, transmission crossmember, steering shaft, and headers, this is the last piece of the puzzle you need - even if you don't buy it from Vorshlag. But you should buy it from Vorshlag; we have it at a great price and (usually) have them in stock. And we're cool.
- Provides OEM fitment, OEM oil filter mounting, OEM oil cooler port provision, OEM engine NVH suppression, OEM flange gasket and sealing, proper structural rigidity and OEM bell-housing attachments.
- Extremely high-quality cast aluminum appearance with clean exterior styling. This will be one of the first oil pans you have ever owned that you will WANT people to check out - it looks that good!
- Provides maximum clearance to E46 chassis, lines up perfectly with bottom of front crossmember, using Vorshlag's E46 LS1 motor mount kit.
- Also works with our LS swap kits for: BMW E36, Z3, Z4, Ford S197 and S550 swaps
- This pan is cast and machined aluminum, guaranteed to be leak free.
Optional Oil Pan Baffle
For any performance application we recommend adding the Improved Racing oil baffle kit.
- Track-proven to prevent oil starvation at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's
- Direct bolt-in to E46/S550/S197 Swap Holley LS Oil Pan
- Aluminum sheet TIG welded construction
- Vertical baffles with one-way trap doors surrounding the oil pump pick-up
- Great for street/road race/drag race/ and off-road applications